Why Pursue The FRM®?
- The FRM® designation boosts your credibility in the field of financial risk management.
- FRM certification is recognized across the globe as a leader in financial risk management.
- The FRM® Part I and Part II exams are held twice a year, in May and November
- Details of registration can be found on the GARP website.
- Minimum Eligibility: The candidate should be in Final Year of graduation to pursue FRM Part I Exam.
- To get the charter:4 years of qualified, professional work experience, in addition to passing the FRM part I and II .
The FRM program is divided into two parts. Both can be sat on the same day in May or November (although we recommend you only sit one part at a time). There are no penalties for incorrect answers. For the most up-to-date exam topics and relative weights, please check the GARP website.
Breakdown of topics covered in part 1
|Foundations of Risk Management.
|Financial Markets and Products
|Valuation and Risk Models
Breakdown of topics covered in part II
|Market Risk Measurement and Management.
|Credit Risk Measurement and Management
|Operational and Integrated Risk Management
|Risk Management and Investment Management
|Current Issues in Financial Markets
The recommended preparation time is 250 hours for each level.
Global Pass Rate
- For up-to-date information about recent pass rates please visit the GARP® website. The exam itself is graded on a curve against the top 5% performers. Pass rates for Part I have averaged just below 50% whereas pass rates for Part II are about 10% higher..